Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Actual Conversation

I try not to judge. I really do.

An actual conversation I had with a man while standing in line:

Man: Excuse me ma'am, but may I say your feet are very attractive.

Me: Oh, well, thank you. I don't hear that very often.

Man: You take good care of your feet. Some women's feet look like they been climbin' trees and flingin' poo. It's just nasty. But you, you have nice feet.

Me: That's nice of you to say.

Man: In fact, if you was a black girl, I would ask if I could kiss those feet.

Me: Um.....

Thank God in Heaven that at that moment the cashier greeted me and asked for my preferred customer card so that I didn't have to answer the creepy foot fetish guy.

3 comments:

Mrs B said...

to prove to alex that we do read your blog, may i just say: that man is just plain wrong, not that you don't have nice feet (i actually have no clue) but randomly having that conversation in a store line and then pulling the race card... super creepy and weird

kristyball said...

icky!
I would have flung some poo on him with your beautiful feet!

Cory, Beth, and Izabella said...

That is GREAT! It's crazy how awkward people can make us feel by saying such bizarre things :-)