Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Restocking

Whew, it was a really busy week!

As I may have mentioned a few dozen times on Facebook last week, I actually sold out my Etsy shop between Monday and Thursday last week. Now that isn't saying that I made myself independently wealthy, but it was a huge step in the right direction for me, and now I am desperately trying to restock my shelves with new colors and new design ideas. I also started wearing a compression glove on my left hand because I quite literally worked my fingers to the bone. Last week I had a total of 11 sales, bring the grand total of my shop to 27 total sales since I opened it. It isn't 'quit your day job' income, but you know what? I don't even have a day job, so I'll take what I can get!

I am still looking for a new job, but I'm enjoying the ability to watch my sales increase every day. I have been thinking about applying at the new Tractor Supply Company near the US 20 bypass on the south side of town. I have always worked decently well in a retail environment, and that kind of store is less likely to have bitchy rich women frequenting the aisles like some of the other retail places I've worked at in the past. It isn't perfect, but it will be a little income in a time that Alex and I really need it. Or at least until the music store figures out when exactly they can start training me for this job that they 'hired' me for. God bless corporations, because right now, I feel like cursing them.

So these are my four newest additions to the shop. I'm trying to introduce some new designs and different pieces to the mix, but honestly, these little shoes are SELLING, so I keep making more! Why mess with a perfect system? Well, maybe not perfect, but definitely working for now.


No comments: