Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Still Searching

I still do not have a job.

And my husband is getting very nervous and high-strung about it.

And that affects our marriage because when he gets high-strung, he tends to wave his arms, stutter, and grab my wrists. It's very off-putting and makes me shut down. Then we can't talk because he's freaking out and I am imploded. One of those little things that they warn you about when you get married that you don't believe.

We are not destitute. We do not have immediate needs. We have food every day, and even if we didn't, we could go to his family or mine for any meal.

But it's very depressing to not be wanted. To feel like you aren't qualified or deserving of a certain position because so many other people with the same qualifications want the same job.

Good news and a good job offer would be very welcome right now.

This economy is bad, but I don't think it's as dire as the media claims. Great ideas come from jobless people. They get creative. Very creative.

My motto until I have real work again is "Necessity is the mother of invention."

I wish the ground would thaw.

No comments: