Friday, December 3, 2010

The Boutique

Shhhh! Don't tell my mother in law, but she might have been right!

Long ago, before Alex and I were even a steady couple, my mother in law looked at my purse, my scarf, my shoes and my hat and declared me to be a fashion icon. And said someday I would own a boutique that would sell all sorts of fashionable pieces to fashionable ladies about town.

Currently for sale in my Etsy.com shop, are several handbags, a couple custom crochet baby designs and an incense burner that I still haven't decided if I want to part with yet. I've been searching the classifies for estate sales and small antique stores for whatever treasures may lie inside for years, and suddenly, I seem to have found a stride for myself. Perhaps she was right about a boutique? A vintage style boutique?

I'll stick with the online selling for now, but I am pleased to say that I have managed to generate a great deal of interest and even 3 sales this week, just from cleaning out my studio. Perhaps someday I will have enough drive to open up a small storefront over in Eddy Commons, where the fashionable college gals congregate?

Yikes, that's gonna be some high rent.

No comments: