Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Curious....

Yesterday I followed a referral to a business that a friend spoke highly of and the business owner was reasonably polite until I said "Aflac" and then he said "We're not interested in that" and turned around and walked about - figuratively slamming the door in my face.

So I'm curious as to the reason for this. Obviously he immediately assumed I am a salesperson and he has been pestered to death by other Aflac representatives that he thinks are salespeople.

BUSINESS OWNERS! WE ARE NOT SALESPEOPLE! WE DON'T WANT YOU TO BUY ANYTHING FROM US!

We just want to talk to you and give you some ideas to consider. Nothing more.

If you are reading this, please tell me what you think of when you hear the word "Aflac". Is it just the stupid commercials? Do you know what we are, what we do?

No comments: